Title: Coordinator of Contemporary Music
Department: Worship and Music Ministry
Reports to: Minister of Worship and Music
This person coordinates, facilitates, and helps to resource all aspects of the contemporary worship life at the UMC of West Chester as well as actively leading worship in weekly and special services (12-15 hours per week).
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop trust-filled relationships with volunteers and all church staff
- Work collaboratively and creatively with one another and all church staff
- Coordinate and direct weekly Praise Team rehearsals
- Work diligently to maintain an healthy spiritual life and support one another in following the vision of the Worship and Music Ministry
- Support fully the theology and purpose of the United Methodist Church
- Primary worship leader in contemporary service
- Train worship leaders and all media and sound techs for their respective positions
- Facilitate planning of all contemporary services
- Inventory and keep all tech equipment in good order
- Growing, vibrant faith
- Capable leader of contemporary music
- Competent in vocal and/or keyboard/guitar
- Musical training and experience
Understanding of technical and musical aspects of leading contemporary worship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Applicants may forward questions or resumes to Mike Muzzo at email@example.com or to The United Methodist Church of West Chester, 129 South High Street, West Chester, PA 19382.